⭐【🇧🇩孟加拉社會企業海外見習】Day 4 ⭐
February 5th -Grameen Shikkha Vocational Training Centre & Grameen Fabrics and Fashions Ltd
🎙第四天由格萊珉銀行國際計畫部門首席Md. Moniruzzaman Khan帶領我們到位在達卡西北方Savar (薩瓦爾) 的格萊珉Shikkh的職業訓練中心，由副總經理Md. Abdur Rahman Chowdhury介紹職業訓練中心的運作模式，並實際參觀訓練課程和教室設備，讓我們對其有初步的認識。
In the fourth day, led by Md. Moniruzzaman Khan, Chief of International Planning Department of Grameen Bank, we visited Shikkha Vocational Training Centre in Savar, Dhaka. Md. Abdur Rahman Chowdhur, Vice General Manager of Shikkha Vocational Training Centre, introduced the operation mode of the Grameen Shikkha vocational training center. We got to see the training courses and equipment in classroom.
Training courses here include Microsoft Office, electrical wiring, textiles, Grameen machine repair, etc., and are offered to Bangladeshis. Students pay 60 percent of the tuition, and the other 40 percent is subsidized by Grameen bank to help students complete vocational training center courses and gain skills. With certificate issued by Grameen Shikkha Vocational Training Center, people could gain more interviewing and employment opportunities.
The vocational training center requires teachers with a bachelor degree of university and teaching experience. The course schedule is from 9:00 to 17:00, and the lunch break time is from 13:00 to 14:00. The course duration is as short as 7 days and as long as 6 months, and the tuition fees range from BDT$500 to BDT$10,000.
🎙第二站我們來到Kasimpur，參訪位於社會型企業產業區的「格萊珉織品與時尚工廠」，分別由人資部門行政專員Nizam Uddin和採購專員Monzurunl Mannan引領我們走進紡織工廠並介紹各部門如何分工合作，達成產業鏈生產的運作方式。
The second stop, we visited Grameen Fabrics and Fashions Ltd at Social Enterprise Industrial Park in Kasimpur, Dhaka. We were separated into two groups, guided by Nizam Uddin, HR administrator and Monzurunl Mannan, purchasing specialist respectively for visiting the textile factory. Both of them introduced the division of labor and cooperation between different departments to achieve the mass-production.
On the different floors of the factory, different products are made – polo shirts and sanitary pads. Different kinds of clothes have different production processes, up to 22 ones. These processes include printing labels of 6 colors by machine, processing clothes, dividing left and right sleeves, producing standing collar or round neckline, unified cutting, then editing and repair for 100-150 clothes in bulk. Clothes are produced by passing each production stops from the beginning to the end. Final stop is Quality Check Point, employees paste “OK” stickers once the clothes are passed the inspection. At last, these products are sent to packaging stop ready to be shipped out!
Sanitary pads are made from cotton imported from the United States. Then cotton is processed by machines that Taiwan sold to Bangladesh. This pressing machines turned cotton into the materials for producing sanity pads. These sanitary pads are sold to rural women only because of their low cost.
The minimum wage for workers is BDT$8,000, and the average wage for employees with Grameen Shikkha Vocational Training Center Certificates is BDT$ 20,000. Factory pays overtime fee. The wage will be raised if employee is with good performance. Working hours is from 8: 30 to 17: 30 and factory provides lunch break time.
🏃♀🏃除了實際走訪與格萊珉銀行合作的機構外，我們也走訪了位在達卡西北方Savar (薩瓦爾)附近的景點- 孟加拉國家烈士紀念碑(Jatiyo Sriti Shoudho)。紀念碑設立於1971年孟加拉正式獨立後，紀念自由戰士的英勇精神和犧牲，現在是孟加拉的一座標誌性建築，每年12月，國家烈士紀念碑成為慶祝國家建樹的儀式中心。
Apart from visiting organizations that cooperate with Grameen Bank, we also visited Jatiyo Sriti Shoudho (Bangladesh National Martyrs Monument), a scenic spot near Savar. This monument was established to commemorate the bravery and sacrifice of freedom fighters after Bangladesh became independent in 1971. Now it is a landmark and also the national collective ceremony center to celebrate the country’s achievements every December.